Student Resource Booklet
A 4-unit booklet with questions for each unit, a glossary with appropriate vocabulary, as well as a word search. Ideal preparation for a field trip visit to the Cottage. An accompanying Teacher's Guide is available upon request which provides answers and supplemental information for the instructor.
A collection of pictures, postcards, and memorabilia of Grant, the Cottage, and its surroundings.
View the collection of Porch Chats, historic figure portrayals, and more on the Grant Cottage YouTube Channel:
The audio clips below were researched, contributed, and recorded by the dedicated docents, various Friends of Grant Cottage, and other members of our community. Listen online, or for a more enhanced experience, visit the Cottage and pick up a copy of the guide with map in the Visitors Center and follow the tour on-site.
1. Place Yourself in 1885
2. "General U.S.A. and his famous quote
3. The Caretakers & the Friends: Heroes of the Cottage
4. The Rear of the Cottage
5. Sam Willett: Grant's Personal Sentry
6. Lighting Strikes the Cottage
7. Duncan McGregor
8. The Funeral Service
9. The Visitors Center--A Dream Becomes a Reality
10. W. J. Arkell Talks about the Narrow-Gauge Railroad
11. Beth's Garden
12. A Spot to Rest
13. Little Julia Accompanies Grant to the Overlook
14. The Eastern Overlook
15. The American Revolution
16. The French & Indian War
17. The Geology of Mt. McGregor
Content copyright . grantcottage.org. All rights reserved.